Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A FRIENDSHIP BLOG

A FRIEND: A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts. a person whom one knows; an acquaintance. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.

These are the definitions I found for “friend”. Of course there exists a continuum that ranges from the mere acquaintance to the “soul-mate” kind and sometimes the same individual can shift to the left or right on the continuum at different times in life. As I journal each day of my experiences, I find myself often thinking of my friends and the many memories we share together. As I make new friends in a new country, I often talk about my dear friends back home, their qualities, jobs, families, and funny times shared together in the past. This gave me the idea for my very own “blog”. I can use it as a way to showcase my friends, the ones who are near and dear to my heart for so many reasons. As a counselor, I spent time helping people learn how to express their thoughts and feelings to others. In doing so, it helped me as well, as it was a reminder that people don’t always know what you are thinking. So, my blog has the purpose of expressing my gratitude to those in my circle of friendship. As I told John about my idea, he voiced the concern that I could cause hurt feelings due to who I chose to write about first. Just in case.....please note that there is no specific ORDER with regard to who I write about each day. Rather, I plan to write about what comes to mind.

No comments: