Saturday, September 17, 2005

My best friend

My wonderful husband…..John Thomas Paruch. There is no way I can cram everything about this man into this small tribute. He treats me like a princess, and even calls me “PH”, which is short for Princess Heidi. He is the most exceptional human being I’ve ever known, and I still can’t believe I’m the lucky one who gets to claim him as my husband. From the moment I saw him, I have been in awe by his big, gorgeous, blue eyes. No matter how bad things get, I can look into those big blue eyes and be assured that everything is going to be okay. He is sweet and thoughtful and makes sure I know each day that I am loved and respected. John is genuine and real and selfless.
Although he is modest, he is the most intelligent person I know. He is a world of knowledge and makes learning new things fun. He always has a tidbit of information to share about the weather, insects, birds, plants, etc…. At home his nose is almost always in a book. He has the need to learn as much as he can, and is always trying to get his hands on something new to soak into that brain of his. He is definitely an “outside” of the box thinker. Actually, when I told him that he is good at thinking outside of the box, he commented, “what box? There is no box” There are no limits (or “box”) in his mind to what he can learn and explore.
John’s goal in life is to make the world a better place. He wants to make a difference, to see positive change occur as a result of his hard work. He does not care about prestige and the attention he often receives from being so exceptional. Many times, I have seen him downplay his accomplishments when he is recognized and he will slyly change the topic to complimenting someone else. It is amazing to witness how people are drawn to him. He is liked by all and has a way of putting others at ease. He lights up a room upon entering it and, before you know it….he is surrounded by individuals who he has touched in some way. He makes me proud and I know I am a better person because of him. He challenges me and does not let me take the easy way out. He constantly is building me up, telling me that I am the best, and that I can do anything I want to in life.
As we recently have moved from the comforts of our cozy little apartment in St. Louis, surrounded by family and friends, we have struggled in adjusting to a new country and way of life. Although John has had the added stress of starting medical school, he has gone out of his way to make sure that I am comfortable and secure here. He is on his way to becoming an incredible physician and the world is a much better place because of him.

No comments: