Monday, June 19, 2006

CRABS!!!!!

When John and I were first dating, he introduced me to Guster, a band I had never heard of. Now, I rate their music at the top of my favorites list. There is a song they sing that starts out: "I woke up today, to everything gray....." It is a catchy song and the tune often gets stuck in my head. Well.... I woke up today....but everything was NOT gray. It was sunny, but that is beside the point. As I sat up in bed (John had already gone to school), I squinted as I thought I saw a bug running across the floor. I jumped up and could not believe my eyes. It was a sand crab! Still half asleep, I almost lost my balance as I scanned the room for a shoe. I intended to smash the crab (hey, my adrenaline was flowing), but instead I missed and only broke off one of its "crawlers". It crawled into the closet and out of sight. As my reticular activating system did its daily job, I realized that I was standing in the middle of the bedroom with a shoe in my hand, armed to destroy any other intruders. So far, so good..., no other critters IN the house today.

No comments: