Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Happy 2008!


I rang in the New Year with a trip to the emergency room. Hello 2008! On New Year's Day I began to feel nauseated and very ill, with lots of lower stomach cramps. Nothing seemed to alleviate the pain, so the ER seemed like my only option. Thank GOD my parents were here to watch the little guy so that John could go with me. Thanks to his good connections we did not wait long and the morphine was flowing through the IVHap before I knew it. After a pelvic exam and CT scan, I was relieved to find out that my appendix would be staying put and instead my aches were due to an ovarian cyst. After a long night we were sent home with pain medication and anti-nausea meds. I spent a few days in bed, then saw the gyno on Monday for follow-up. The plan is to do another ultrasound in a few weeks to monitor my new little uterine friend. On top of everything I had the flu with a pounding headache that would not go away for days. No wonder the first week of the new year is a blur!!! I think I am back among the land of the living again, so time to resume school work and mommy fun.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh, my gosh that totally sucks, but I know how you feel. When I first read your blog I thought you were going to say you had to have your gall bladder out! I thought OMG what have I started. I swear since I've had mine removed, 3 other people I know have had to have the same procedure including my mother-in-law! That is awesome your parents were still here. It is so nice to have that extra support. I know I was soooo glad my dad was here when I went through my ordeal. At least you have good connections at the hospital. It must be nice to know people in high places! I'm glad you are feeling better. Don't worry you haven't missed too much of 2008. Are your parents still in FL? Tell them I said "HI". I remember all the bacon I use to eat at your house...I was a bacon addict. I've since switched to turkey bacon. Take care of yourself. Gavin is sooo cute and he is getting big. It won't be long before he starts walking...watch out!