Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Salad Crisis

Awhile back I mentioned that I am a big fan of Wishbone's Western French dressing. Like Vernor's ginger ale, my father-in-law got me hooked on this stuff. Even though I enjoy a variety of different types of foods, I have my favorites, or my "standbys" if you will. (I love when people end a statement with "if you will....") If I will what? Anyway, except for Hidden Valley ranch, I crave and desire the western french flavor on my salads. Well, I couldn't find it at Super Target last week. I didn't think much of it, but now I haven't been able to find it at Winn Dixie or Walmart either. This is getting serious. What if they stopped making it? The makers of this french dressing (Wishbone) also markets a sister product... called Russian dressing, which is okay, but it is NOT the same as the Western. I finally had to cave and get something else. I tried Catalina's sweet honey french or something like that. I just haven't been feeling the same passion for my salad. Why can't they discontinue something else? Like the bacon ranch dressing- can't people just use regular ranch dressing and then top their greens with bacon bits? And, that orange-ish looking french dressing that some companies sell won't do either. It has to be red in color, not orange. Come on Wishbone, bring back the Western. I think I may investigate this further and possibly contact the company. This is not good.

4 comments:

KD said...

Heidi, my parents could SO back you up on this one. They are convinced that every time they find a product they love, it gets discontinued. Various products-from the hair gel my mom loved to the popcorn my dad loved, they have been forced to switch allegiances time and time again. It's not fair!!!!

Anonymous said...

Where is the best place to buy my favorite Wish-Bone Dressings?
All Wish-Bone products are nationally available to any store willing to stock them. Although we would like each of our products to be available in all stores, shelf space and consumer demand sometimes limit the number of items a retailer is willing to carry. If you are having trouble finding one of our Wish-Bone dressings, please try our item locator which can help you locate a nearby store. Just click here.

If you are still unable to locate your product, please call our Consumer Services toll free number where you may order many of your favorite Wish-Bone varieties directly from us. Just call 1-800-343-9024 Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM.?

Heidi said...

I know, it just isn't fair. there are so many gross products I see on the store shelves....yet, due to "consumer demand" there is not room for my favorite salad dressing.

Anonymous said...

Heidi,

Try this website:

www.hometownfavorites.com/products.asp?dept=1046&number=HFST231&pagenumber=2

You can get a gallon of the Wish-Bone Western Salad Dressing for $12.99.