Monday, January 14, 2008

Sick.

This is John's last week of his pediatric rotation. I am SO GLAD! We have all been sick for weeks! Kids are big sickies. John says they cry, scream, and fight like hell when they are examined, so I am sure the germs fly through the air like crazy. They also are not always too good at covering their mouths when they sneeze and cough, and do not wash their hands very often. I will be relieved when he shifts to his psych rotation next week.

Gavin's other top front tooth is coming in. He now has four visible teeth. He is having a blast trying to pull himself up to standing on anything he can get his hands on. Our little baby is growing too fast! He is not too interested in baby food anymore. He wants what mommy and daddy have. So, we are incorporating "mashed" foods into his diet and he seems thrilled.

When my mom and dad were here, they made such yummy meals. I've been savoring my homemade chicken salad and olive nut spread, but it looks like I'm on my own again with regard to food preparation. Not sure why, but anytime I don't feel good I want tombstone pizzas. Comfort food, I suppose? When I was little my dad worked night shifts for awhile. One of my favorite memories is him coming home early in the morning, like around 6AM after working all night and would sometimes make a tombstone pizza. I would wake up early and sit at the table with him and we would eat pizza together.

No comments: